Sunday, July 1, 2007

June 30 - Devils Tower and Mount Rushmore

Devil's Tower was in the movie Close Encounters of the Third Kind. We stayed at the camp ground directly at the base where they played the movie every night. Alex really enjoyed it. Although it was another rock the formation was very cool. It is a very scared place to the Indians- they have prayer bundles in many of the trees around the base.



From there we drove to Mt. Rushmore, South Dakota. Mt. Rushmore was not as impressive as we thought it would be. The cravings were smaller then I imagined. But never the less it was a great place for us to visit and the surrounding area is very pretty too.





4 comments:

Gunny Mo said...

Martin, I have a strange compulsion to play with my mashed potatoes after seeing Devils Tower.

Gunny Mo said...

Martin, I have a strange compulsion to play with my mashed potatoes after seeing Devils Tower.

Gunny Mo said...

Martin, am I repeating myself?

Gunny Mo said...

Hope you guys are having fun, and safe travel home. It's raining, humid, and upper 80's in Charleston today.